Reset

My role was made redundant last month. I lost my job.

Was it sudden? Yes.
Was it unexpected? Not really.

For the last couple weeks I've seen the signs, like when my access to the repo was revoke for example or when I was asked to create a documentation for thing that I always do as part of my job. Of course it didn't mean anything, it's just enough to make me wonder. But when it actually happened all things made sense.

So, how I handle this situation so far?

I was sad, yes.
I was surprised, yes. Even with all that signs, to actually face the situation, I just can't help to feel surprised.

This is not the first time I don't have a job. But it is the first time where I didn't deliberately quit my job.

So, am I looking for a new job? Obviously.
Am I jobless? Not really.

Thank God, currently I have small gigs here and there. Well, they won't pay all my bills but it's still better than have nothing to do at all. Besides, those small gigs can give me chance to learn, to have more experience.
And thank God, my wife is still working. So we now rely more on her income.

Finding a new job has never been easy, especially in this current market situation where even major companies are cutting cost.
It feels like you're in a dark tunnel. You know it has end but you just don't know where it will end.
It can be daunting. It can be frustrating. But it's a process that I need to go through.

I'm not gonna lie, some nights when I lay in my bed I would overthink. But I don't want to let myself worry too much.
I saw what God did for me when I needed a job back then. Full of miracle, full of surprised. And I believe God can do it again.

Cheers... :)


Komentar